Saturday, January 21, 2012

This Session to be Morgan’s Last

OKLAHOMA CITY – State Rep. Danny Morgan announced earlier this week that he has decided not to seek reelection. He will complete his current term in office, which runs through Nov. 1.

With term limits in place, Morgan would have been eligible to run for office for another two-year term.

Morgan, 52, said the decision to step down at the end of his fifth term in office was difficult to make, but in the best interests of his family and his family business.

“I am truly honored to have represented my hometown and surrounding communities here at the Capitol, and I know I did my best to voice their interests and concerns over the years,” said Morgan, D-Prague. “I never took lightly the trust my constituents instilled in me to act on their behalf, and I will always treasure and be grateful for this experience.”

Morgan served as the Mayor of Prague prior to running for state representative in  House District 32, which encompasses parts of Lincoln and Creek County.



Beginning in 2007, Danny served as the Democratic Minority Leader in the House of Representatives. He currently serves on the House Economic Development, Tourism & Financial Services Committee, the Energy & Utility Regulation Committee, the House Ethics Committee, and the Insurance Committee. He was also appointed by the Speaker of the House to sit on the newly created Joint Committee on Federal Health Care Law and the Joint Legislative Task Force on the Grand River Dam Authority.

“The decision to step aside at this time did not come lightly,” Morgan added. “But in the end, with my family in mind, it’s the right time to begin the next chapter in my life. I am truly blessed to have my health, my family, and so many great friends that have stood beside me over the years.”

He noted that he has especially enjoyed working with his legislative colleagues and leaders from all over the state to create public policy to better the lives of Oklahomans.

Morgan plans to return full-time to his position as President of the family-owned Morgan Well Service, Inc.

Danny was married to the late Debbie (Hicks) for 25 years and together they have two children, Zachary and Danielle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...